My guest this week is Reggie Wilkerson, Director of Enterprise Data Management at the State Department Federal Credit Union. Reggie’s one of the few guys that is really dominating data.
While running my CIO Innovation Insider series recently, I noticed that a lot of conversations have been around data analytics, business intelligence, data warehousing, and data visualization.
That is why I invited Reggie to discuss how to get your Power BI project started from the ground up and what would your first hundred days looked like. You are going to hear about the approaches and tools Reggie is using, how to shift perception and opinions within your organization and a lot more.
I believe that the skills within this domain are very important and hope you enjoy listening to my interview with Reggie Wilkerson.
Download the Full Transcript>>
Major Take-Aways From This Episode:
- Key data analytics and visualization tools:
- Tableau – BI platform that helps you gain insights into data.
- SAP Business Objects – single centralized BI platform for reporting and visualization.
- Cognos – IBM’s analytics solution.
- Alteryx tool – ETL / data integration tool
- Good Data – data visualization tool
- Looker analytics platform.
- Art of the Possible: Shift Perception + Opinion.
- When to ask for forgiveness vs. permission?
- How to know whether to move to the cloud vs. staying on premise?
- What are the roles of the end user and data architect?
- How to create momentum and “snowball effect”?
- How do you work with a CEO to build impact?
- How do you manage data quality and integrity with a BI, Data Warehousing, Data Visualization project?
- How do you know the data that you are governing that you have integrity with your data?
- How do you create the right SOW to have a quick win with your organization’s BI project.
About Reggie Wilkerson
Reginald Wilkerson is the Director of Enterprise Data Management at the State Department Federal Credit Union. Reginald Wilkerson is an Analytics leader with experience in all aspects of Information Management including building out cloud based (AWS) target state solutions which streamline and automate the data sourcing, data management, data quality and enterprise reporting components. He is adept at reducing friction and increasing efficiencies by bridging silos, and he is also adept at designing analytics platforms which provide enterprises with actionable insights. In his free time, he enjoys reading tech blogs, listening to podcasts and finding a good pickup basketball games around the DC area.
How to get in touch with Reggie Wilkerson
This episode is sponsored by the CIO Innovation Insider Council, dedicated to Business Digital Leaders who want to be a part of 20% of the planet and help their businesses win with innovation and transformation.
Love this episode? Leave a Review
Share it on your LinkedIn feed.
If you haven’t already, please make sure you leave us a review on iTunes.
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world-renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader.
Connect With Us On Social Media
Connect with Bill on LinkedIn.
Join The CIO Innovation Mastermind Community
We invite the top 20% of Business IT Leaders for my CIO Innovation Mastermind Events group to participate in monthly discussions on things like VR, AI, and other disruptive & emerging technologies. If you want to become a member, email Chief of Staff, Jamie Luber Jluber@redzonetech.net for more information.