In this episode we’re talking about Enterprise Blockchain, and how blockchain is disrupting industries with its multifaceted applications.
We’re here with Husen Kapasi the Blockchain Lead at PwC Europe with focus on Enterprise Blockchain i.e. Blockchain application.
As a CIO and Business IT Leader here are some wins you will get by listening:
- 2:43 COVID-19 has boosted the implantation of Blockchain. Companies are now going from testing the technology to implementing it.
- 3:40 The killer use-case for Blockchain right now is provenance; to prove the origin of a product and to track and trace its history.
- 4:06 Blockchain allows for end-to-end transparency and traceability.
- 4:40 You can prove the source of origin and trust what you’re being offered with Blockchain.
- 5:25 Blockchain also allows the possibility of giving “small players” and customers end-to-end visibility in a secure manner.
- 6:00 Blockchain establishes trust across a multitude of third parties.
- 7:25 Using Blockchain in a supply chain; you can share and validate all the documentation and information needed throughout the entire supply chain/ distribution process.
- 9:05 The supply chain industry can be drastically sped up by using Blockchain.
- 12:20 The movement of products between multiple countries and third parties, including documents and insurance coverage, can be completely automated in the shipping and distribution industry by using Blockchain.
- 13:10 Blockchain can help validate information from the “small players”. With Blockchain we can have a peer-to-peer marketplace in the distribution industry.
- 16:25 What we are seeing with the implementation of Blockchain right now will be the disruption of our current supply chains.
- 17:10 Sometimes industries can be disrupted but they’re not necessarily wiped out.
- 24:35 Companies need to learn to mix and match different technologies in order to understand their landscape.
- 25:45 The major challenge of Blockchain is understanding the myths and the overall awareness of the technology.
- 35:05 There are things so many amazing possibilities with Blockchain but “Players” who can get in the way.
- 45:30 Get into the details of Blockchain and bring awareness to the markets and stay updated with the technology.
Resources referenced in the podcast:
Love this episode? Leave a Review
If you haven’t already, please make sure you leave us a review on iTunes.
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world-renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader. Follow Bill on LinkedIn.
If you are interested in learning more about RedZone Technologies, and our security expertise, in particular related to Cloud and Email Security Kill Chain Strategy, Techniques and Tactics you can email email@example.com.