Jack Freund, the guest of my latest podcast, is the co-author of Measuring and Managing Information Risk: A FAIR Approach with Jack Jones. This book was inducted into the Cybersecurity Canon in 2016. The Cyber Security Canon is a Hall of Fame for IT Security books. The founder Rick Howard has been a previous guest on this podcast.
Some of the links that I really like from this episode are Jack’s presentation called “Assessing Quality in Cyber Risk Forecasting”, and his most recent article in the ISSA Journal that I love called “Using Data Breach Reports to Assess Risk Analysis Quality”.
Download the Full Transcript>>
Major take-aways from this episode are:
1. Elevate Your IT Security Risk Communication Game using Data Breach reports to Inspire Action in the Business
2. How to use Risk Data so that the business becomes more comfortable with uncertainty
3. New Refreshing perspectives on presenting IT Security Risk to the business
4. Predicting and Forecasting likelihood and frequency of events happening into your risk analysis
5. How to Use External Data Breach Sources of competitors and non-competitors to build your risk cases.
Dr. Jack Freund is a leading voice in Information Risk measurement and management with experience across many industry segments. His corporate experience includes spearheading strategic shifts in IT Risk by leading his staff in executing multimillion dollar efforts in cooperation with other risk and control groups.
Jack has been awarded a Doctorate in Information Systems, Masters in Telecom and Project Management, and a BS in CIS. He holds the CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CIPP, and PMP designations. Jack’s academic credentials include being named a Senior Member of the ISSA, IEEE, and ACM, a Visiting Professor, and an Academic Advisory Board member.
How to get in touch with Jack Freund
- Jack’s personal blog and website The Risk Doctor
- Jack’s book Measuring and Managing Information Risk: A FAIR Approach inducted into the Cyber Security Canon Hall of Fame – Books every cyber security professional should read
- ISSA Journal Article , Feb 2016, that has links to important external data sources for risk analysis: (see page 21)
- Assessing Quality in Cyber Risk Forecasting Presentation
- Article in ISACA “Cloudy with a chance of risk”
Love this episode? Leave a Review
Share it on your LinkedIn feed.
If you haven’t already, please make sure you leave us a review on iTunes.
About Bill Murphy
Bill Murphy is a world-renowned IT Security Expert dedicated to your success as an IT business leader.
Connect With Us On Social Media
Connect with Bill on LinkedIn.
Join The CIO Innovation Mastermind Community
We invite the top 20% of Business IT Leaders for my CIO Innovation Mastermind Events group to participate in monthly discussions on things like VR, AI, and other disruptive & emerging technologies. If you want to become a member, email Chief of Staff, Jamie Luber Jluber@redzonetech.net for more information.