This article has been buried and I wanted you to see latest research from Microsoft. Researchers have found recently that GPT-4 is being viewed as a possible early form of (AGI) Artificial General Intelligence (Sparks of Artificial General Intelligence: Early experiments with GPT-4)
Here are the main 15 points of this article that were discovered by these researchers:
- Tool Use: GPT-4 is able to use tools like a calculator effectively with minimal assistance and produce an accurate answer.
- Text to Image Comprehension: Compared to its predecessor, GPT-4 can create a detailed image when asked and can understand how to arrange the objects in the image based on the given text.
- Coding: Successfully passing mock technical interviews, GPT-4’s ability to code is comparable to human performance. If human, it could be hired on as a software engineer.
- 3D Game Development: ChatGPT is unable to produce any type of digital game whereas GPT-4 can produce a game in a zero-shot fashion.
- Mathematics Whiz: GPT-4 successfully solved extremely difficult math questions from the 2022 Mathematics Olympiad. Problems it was unable to completely solve were ones that required more creativity.
- Fermi Questions: Out-of-the-box questions that have no easy answers such as how many golf balls fill a pool are easily answered by GPT-4.
- Personal Assistant: GPT-4 is able to manage one’s calendars, emails, coordinate with others and their schedules to book a meeting, lunch at a restaurant, and more.
- AI ‘Handyman:’ With the ability to perform “diagnostics,” you can ask GPT-4 how to fix/troubleshoot things like a leaky faucet.
- Mapping: GPT-4 can create a map of the place you’re entering such as a house layout with enough information and questions.
- Theory of Mind: It is about understanding beliefs, GPT-4 is able to separate what is true and what a human believes to be true. This allows it to build a mental picture of what someone is actually thinking.
- Why its Jokes Don’t Hit the Mark: GPT-4 has trouble with directions that require discontinuous steps, it can easily complete an incremental task, but it does not have the ability to think ahead and plan its output.
- Misinformation: GPT-4 can create entire false scenarios complete with images and links.
- Data Admission: People are asking for the ability and right to decide which GPT-4 content they do or do not want to be crawled.
- Intrinsic Motives: Not motivated anything, GPT-4 is not passive. This can potentially create both ethical and safety concerns if not taken carefully.
- Urgency: The urgency behind AI are the unknowns. Researchers do not really know what is happening and why AIs like GPT-4 are able to do what they do.
Top executives in the digital technology realm, like Elon Musk and Apply co-founder Steve Wozniak, are calling for a pause on AI development and research until we have a better understanding of AI itself and its potential dangers and risks if not handled properly.
Sparks of Artificial General Intelligence: Early Experiments With GPT-4. 23 Mar. 2023, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/sparks-of-artificial-general-intelligence-early-experiments-with-gpt-4/.